Episode 173 - Sir Ken Robinson on The Element, Talent Assessment and Feeling Lucky
Sir Ken is one of DishyMix's all time most popular guests. He's back, this time to talk about human potential, the intersection of aptitude and passion and finding your calling.
Do you wonder if you are doing the right work? Does your job make you ecstatically happy or utterly miserable? Do you think there might be something else more satisfying out there for you? Let's find out what it is.
"The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything," is a NY Times best-seller. Sir Ken shares his stories about "creating a new paradigm of human capacity to meet a new era of human existence."
How do you discern your best attributes? Ken provides a long list of possibilities for consideration. Perhaps you are linguistic, musical, mathematical, spatial, kinesthetic. Perhaps you are more interpersonal or intrapersonal? Do you have more analytic intelligence, creative or practical intelligence?
Ken shares ways you can be in your "flow," or in your "element." Dial yourself in a little better in this heartwarming show full of hope and your human potential.
Sampling of Discussion Points:
- What is your human potential, the intersection of aptitude and passion and finding your calling?
- Does your job make you ecstatically happy or utterly miserable?
- Your best attributes? Linguistic, musical, mathematical, spatial, kinesthetic, interpersonal or intrapersonal?
- Do you have more analytic intelligence, creative or practical intelligence?
- “The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything.”
- Two free autographed copies for http://dishymixfan.com DishyMix fans!
- The Element from @SirKenRobinson. 2 free autographed copies! Post your desire at http://dishymixfan.com DishyMix
- “The best hope for the future is to develop a new paradigm of human capacity to meet a new era of human existence.”
- Our school systems have become so oppressed and stifled by standards of systematized testing they're not succeeding.
- “Companies have a very impoverished view of the real talents that align in the people they employ.”
- Howard Gardener says there are 9 main forms of intelligence. What are yours?
- @SirKenRobinson on Robert Cooper, The Other 90 Percent, about the heart brain and the gut brain.
- @SirKenRobinson on how experiences go first to the neurological networks of the intestinal track and heart.
- The enteric nervous system: 2nd brain inside the intestines, independent of, but interconnected with the brain.
- Why we often experience our first reaction to events as a gut reaction, which shapes everything we do.”
- Robert Sternberg from Tufts, kind of an anti-IQ guy on analytic, creative and practical intelligence.
- Herman Brain Dominance: A, B, C & D Quadrants: analytic, implementation, social and future thinking.
- Herman Brain Dominance Instrument better than Myers Briggs.
- The Luck Factor by psychologist Gordon Wiseman.
- Sir Ken Robinson on The Element, Talent Assessment and Feeling Lucky