Episode 81: Derek Sivers - Capitalism with Heart and The Tao of Business
Are you one of those guys who seems to get paralyzed in the process of starting something new?
Do you think you need a bunch of training or preparation before you can take action?
And what is the one single practice that will change how you experience everything in your life?
This week, we’ve got Derek Sivers on the show to talk about The Tao of Business and how any situation in your life can become a positive one.
In this day and age of corrupt capitalists, CDBaby founder Derek Sivers shows us how you can build a multimillion dollar company just by focusing on helping others. In this episode, Derek reveals the Tao of Business and how just trying to make money usually delivers the opposite.
In this show:
- What is the Tao of Business and how can it help you even if you don’t own a business?
- Do you need an MBA or a bunch of training to run a business?
- How can learning too much be harmful?
- How does personal development influence how you earn a living?
- What is the practice Derek uses to turn *everything* into a positive experience?
- If you’re prone to take things seriously, how can you learn to be more playful and creative with your life?
- What’s the simplest way to build a solid business in a very short period of time?
- How did the Segway inventor screw up royally and what can you learn from this?
- Visit Derek Sivers online: http://sivers.org