Episode 67: Sean Stephenson -- Get Off Your “But” and Live Large
Sean Stephenson -- Get Off Your “But” and Live Large
In these “tough times” Sean Stephenson is here to show us how to cut the crap and move forward. Sean avoided a death sentence at birth, multitudes of surgeries and physical setbacks to live an amazing life as a therapist, author and speaker -- impacting people around the world.
In one particular story, Sean tells us how his mother asked him if he was going to use his situation as a gift or a burden. Heavy stuff for a fourth grade kid. Sean is here to remind us how to lose the excuses and victim-mentality that keep us playing small.
The only thing holding you back is yourself. Listen on if you want to grow.
In this episode:
- Interpreting the challenges in life
- Reality Show on A&E “Three Foot Giant”
- Your “victim story” is the biggest thing holding you back
- Fairness is an illusion
- Your responsibility to live is a vicTOR vs a vicTIM
- Your mentality creates your reality
- Living your dreams makes some people nervous
- Is this going to be a gift or a burden in your life?
- Nobody has it easy
- Maintain and upgrade your beliefs
- How your community keeps you where you are
- Surround yourself with solid people
- The “Sean-tourage”
- You are like your friends
- Character traits of those around you
- How do we choose our friends?
- If something is meant to be, you can take it slow
- Tolerating crappy relationships
- Book -- “Get Off Your But”
- Go for long term pleasure which is fulfilling
- Finding your purpose is sexy
- What do I need to do today to be living my purpose?
- Where are you most happy & fulfilled?
- We are more scared of success than failure
- Being challenged about how much you want it
- Rule with a velvet hammer
- How challenging yourself physically strengthens you mentally
- What was the worst day of your life?
- Learn from others’ experiences
- The boundary of your problem
- Face your fear
- When you do things that are courageous you gain confidence