Episode 62: Sandor Gardos - Take a Stand for Your Sexual Needs
Sandor Gardos -- Take a Stand for Your Sexual Needs
This is part 2 of our talk with Dr. Sandor Gardos. In this episode he continues to lay out some simple distinctions and the practices you can do TODAY to quit settling for a crappy sex life without killing your marriage.
In this show:
- Women’s arousal pattern is different than men’s
- Why she doesn’t initiate sex
- Get over the myth of reciprocity in sex
- Women want to feel deeply desired by their partner
- Not just deeply desiring to “get off” with her
- Make the passion about her, not just about “getting off”
- What if you no longer desire your partner?
- Don’t be afraid to get outside help -- qualified sex therapist
- Go to a sex therapist vs “regular” psychologist
- Don’t overdo “closeness”
- Avoiding conflict, being the peacemaker
- Non-violent communication
- Balancing domesticity with sexual passion
- Don’t get neutered
- Harmony can reduce passion
- What are you doing to remove the spark from your relationship?
- Where’s my desire in this moment? Own it.
- Vulnerability means speaking what you wants
- Vulnerability is taking risks
- Take your woman “on a ride”
- Do something where you don’t know how she’s going to respond
- When and how to talk to her if this stuff isn’t working
- Accept that you have different styles -- doesn’t mean you’re wrong
- Remove the blame and shame
- Why women have sex
- What if she doesn’t care about sex?
- Your sexual needs matter -- don’t cut it off
- Keep it simple and stick to the basics
- MyPleasure.com -- products and education