Episode 52: Stuart Davis: Spirituality and Dick Jokes
In part 1 of our talk with Stuart Davis -- rock star, buddhist monk and host of “Sex, God, Rock n Roll” -- we hear how a “spiritual” guy can also be unapologetically rude and crude.
Stuart shares some hilarious stories about how he would rather be dead than conform to any means of authority -- family, religion, school, day jobs and women’s clothes included.
We also discuss:
- it’s easy to be a punk and point out society’s shortcomings -- it takes skill to offer something constructive
- his relentless pursuit of freedom has landed him in jail and almost killed him
- drummers aren’t complete idiots (some of them at least)
- how spirituality turned him into a self righteous asshole
- how life can be enjoyable after the sparkle and “rush” has passed
- what had him see the real meaning of his life