Bruce Frantzis: Taoist Lineage Holder
Expanded Lovemaking episode 119: Sexual Qi Gong Practices for Sexual Vitality, Passion, and Longevity (Part One): Dr. Patti Talks to Bruce Frantzis, Taoist Lineage Master
Expanded Lovemaking episode 120: Taoist Sexual Meditation to Optimize Lovemaking (Part Two): Dr. Patti Talks to Bruce Frantzis, Taoist Lineage Master
Bruce Frantzis is a Taoist Lineage Master with over 40 years of experience in Eastern healing systems. He is the first known Westerner to hold authentic lineages in qigong, bagua, tai chi, hsing-i and Taoist meditation. He has taught these Taoist energy arts to more than 20,000 students. Dr. Frantzis trained for over a decade in China and also has extensive experience in Zen, Tibetan Buddhism, yoga, Kundalini, energy healing therapies and Taoist Fire and Water traditions.
His credentials include:
• 16 years training in China, Japan and India
• 20 years studying Zen, Yoga, Kundalini and Taoist Fire traditions
• Extensive study of the Water tradition with Taoist Lineage Master Liu Hung Chieh in China
• Training more than 20,000 students in qigong, bagua, tai chi, Taoist meditation and other Taoist energy arts
• Certifying more than 350 Instructors worldwide
• PhD in Health Sciences
• Fluent Chinese speaker who uses his native language of English to peel away the metaphor and vague language surrounding the concept of chi
• Author of eight books on chi practices including meditation and martial arts.
Since 1961, Bruce Frantzis has followed the 3,000-year-old Taoist tradition of warrior/healer/priest by studying, practicing, teaching and writing about energy arts including: qigong for improving health and reducing stress; energetic-healing therapies; Taoist meditation; and martial arts, including tai chi. The heart of his tradition is the cultivation of chi, the internal energy that connects the mind, body and spirit to the underlying consciousness of the universe (Tao).
Frantzis developed a practical, comprehensive system of programs— the Energy Arts System® —enabling people of all ages and fitness levels to increase their life-force energy and attain vibrant health. Some of his Instructors have founded their own schools.
His books, CDs, DVDs, instruction manuals and free articles offered through his monthly newsletter help introduce Westerners in detail to China’s energy arts and support his commitment to disseminate the practical Taoist tradition as widely as possible without the necessity of those interested becoming involved on a spiritual/religious level.