Sean Stephenson: Board Certified Therapist, Author, Speaker
Expected to die at birth, Sean Stephenson has faced an army of reasons to give up and countless opportunities to embrace pity. He suffered more than 200 bone fractures by age 18, reached a height of only 3 feet, and is permanently confined to a wheelchair. However, this man took a STAND for a quality of life that has inspired millions of people around the world, including Tony Robbins and President Clinton.
- Has worked on Capitol Hill as Legislative Affairs Support Staff for Congressman William O. Lipinski AND in the White House as a Presidential Liaison for the Office of Cabinet Affairs.
- Started his own professional speaking company to travel the country and motivated individuals in schools, companies, hospitals, prisons, and federal agencies.
- Shared the speaking platform with Tony Robbins, Henry Winkler, and Mark Victor Hansen.
- Filmed a fitness video called, No Excuses! with Miss Fitness Universe and her husband, a former Mr. Olympia competitor.
- Testified in front of the United States Senate on two occasions.
- Was appointed to serve on the Board of Directors for National Association for Self-Esteem.
Graduated from DePaul University with High Honors, right across the street from the very hospital where he was expected to die birth.
Has appeared in dozens of media outlets including: Oprah, CNN, The Discovery Health Channel, WGN, and CBS News, and in The New York Times.
Received Board Certification in Clinical Psychotherapy from the Association of Integrative Psychology, is a Certified Trainer of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, and currently receiving his Doctorate from American Pacific University. Sean operates a private practice out of the Oakbrook Terrace Tower in Chicago, IL.
Over the past decade, Sean has found that individuals are notorious for making excuses, "I would work harder, ‘BUT’ it won’t make a difference" Sean not only addresses the excuses but the "BUTS" that fuel the insecurities behind them. "I would love myself, BUT I am not pretty enough, wealthy enough, or popular enough, etc." Sean has created a movement committed to educating students how to get off their ‘BUTS’ and STAND in life.
In Sean's powerful presentation, "Time to Stand!" he outlines where "BUTS" come from, why they control us, and how to get off of them. Audiences are taken on a journey through human potential; using emotional stories from his life, Sean proves that we can all triumph with the power of STANDING.